Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Fun on a Silver Morning

It frosted beautifully last night, and we woke this morning to a rose-gold sunrise through the ice etchings on our windowpanes. In a rare event, we arrived at work a few minutes *early* and had time for a few random items.

Today's "Pearls Before Swine" strip: what happens when you get too little sleep (or when you're just plain not paying attention...)

Ever have to put your cat in a carrier before? Check out this morning's uncaged "Get Fuzzy" strip.

Oh, and if you're thinking about dying in Biritiba Miram, Brazil, don't. You might find yourself on the wrong side of the law.

Today's verse of the day, taken out of context with the after-effects of my rather bad day yesterday, was also one of those randomly humorous items that tickled our funny bones:

One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth everyday alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
~Romans 14:5

I am fully persuaded that today is better than yesterday.

Lastly, but definitely not leastly, Pete's coffee run was only to *pay* for yesterday's coffee, but on his trip, he "met Cindy Cha who was eating a veggie sausage and drinking de-fac -- de-caf. Told her I'd circulate a prayer petition in legal for our dear sister who was joining a vegan cult. I also said her hemp coat looked lovely. I'm afraid she laughed so hard she was nigh on tears."

There are times when I think it's just better not to inquire...

3 comments:

A Scottish Whisper said...

I'm sorry a veggie...wait, no I'm not...a veggie sausage is totally a crime against humaninity and should be boycotted. I'd like to see the vegetarians come up with a no-meat version of haggis (I know Pete, it's technically not meat to begin with, but you get the point). Why this infatuation with meatless meat? I mean to say, what's the world coming too? Really, if God hadn't wanted us to eat meat, He wouldn't have made it so tasty, and yes, in the appropriate quantities, it is good for you. But I degress. As far as inquiring goes, one ought never to learn too much about haggis...:-P

Anonymous said...

Just for the record, I didn't understand a word of that. ;)

Anonymous said...

information is not necessarily linked to understanding...