Thursday, December 18, 2008

If I were the Unquestionably Grand Inarguably Divine Office of the President-Elect (UGIDOOTPE)…


I would appoint only members of the opposition (who are also members of the Senate, which coincidentally is led by a majority of my own party but not sufficient a majority to have unfettered reign) to my cabinet and the various offices and heads of departments of my administration.

Those appointed would be representing states that have recently altered their primary color alignment to match that commonly associated with my own party. The governors of those states would also quite conveniently be members of my party.

This would all but assure loyal replacements in the Senate in states where such vacancies are filled by gubernatorial appointment, and take advantage of prevailing popular opinion in states where the seats are filled by special election.

I would then, of course, fire all my cabinet and department heads.

Audacious enough for ya?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Interestingly devious plan. I am thankful the current UGIDOOTPE has not chosen to do so.